Local groups and organisations
Promoting the idea and supporting more streets to start playing out is best done locally by people who know their community well.
This could be an existing community group or local organisation, or – as has happened in some places – a local Playing Out group set up by resident activators.
We can provide training and guidance for any groups or organisations who want to support resident-led street play locally. Please get in touch and let us know what you are thinking!
Some existing local ‘Playing Out’ groups:
- PlayMeetStreet is a voluntary group set up by North Tyneside residents to promote/support street play.
- Adur and Worthing Playing Out support residents to organise street play in the South East.
- Edinburgh Playing Out have successfully campaigned for Edinburgh Council to run a street play pilot.
- Six Streets Derby run a play street in their neighbourhood and are happy to support others locally.
- Hertfordshire Playing Out are an informal group of residents campaigning for a street play policy in Hertfordshire.
Local organisations supporting street play include:
- Play Wales are working to support the playing out movement in Cardiff and beyond.
- Hackney Play Association have a street play project, offering peer-support to residents.
- London Play are supporting local authorities and streets in London to play out.
- Leeds Play Network supports residents organising street play in Leeds.