Playing Out is running an exhibition in Bristol’s Central Library from 3rd to 31st October. Photos, stories and quotes from residents and streets about street play will feature and there will be a chance to leave your own memories of playing out.
Come and join us on the exhibition launch day 11th October 11am-3pm to:
- Take part in craft activities with Let’s Make Art – A Bristol-based organisation running fun, creative art and craft sessions for children
- Join us for skipping and chalking – there’s plenty of space to get busy with chalk and share skipping games and rhymes
- Play out on Deanery Road – bring scooters, spacehoppers, bikes…
- Bring food and join in our urban picnic – we hope plenty of people already playing out on their streets will come along to eat and share their experiences with people thinking of starting things off where they live
- Explore our exhibition in the library foyer
- Leave a play memory on our display
- Find out how to start playing out on your street
Playing Out project workers Ellie Freeman and Angela Smith will be at the library on Saturdays (10am-12) and Wednesdays (9.30-11.30am) during the October exhibition to chat and offer advice and information to anyone interested in making their street a place for play.